Artículos en SpanishPlans
Our playlists are out! You can listen to the 16 songs by the 23 artists who have been selected as finalists for the 2023 song of the year in our 10th annual March Música Madness tournament. With over 2 billion streams on Spotify and 1.5 views on YouTube these songs were chosen because:
- They are current: All songs from the past year only.
- They are from well-known artists: Famous artists that are famed in the Spanish-speaking world, with one emerging artist.
- They are popular songs. These songs can be heard on the radio and are listened to by native speakers.
- They represent a range of diverse artists and a variety of genres.
The event of the year is getting closer. Anticipation is building. If you haven’t put up your World Cup groups and bracket yet, it’s not too late. The first game kicks-off on November 20 with 3 more on November 21. This is the first ever year that this event takes place during the school year.Leer más
Looking for something fun and silly to do with your Spanish class for Halloween? Want to teach some Halloween related vocabulary? This activity involves using staff pictures and asking the students what they think each teacher should dress up as.
As the students think of fun costume ideas related to each teacher, you can show some options. Insert teacher’s faces (I copied my coworkers images from our School website) and cropped them. Use the “Remove Background” feature of Powerpoint when you insert an image and remove everything except their face. Then position their face over the face on the costume.
It’s been a while since we’ve posted an update, so let’s take a look at a few new things you may have missed from us.
- The World Cup is taking place during the school year for the 1st time ever (November 20 through December 18) which means that Spanish teachers are getting excited to have lessons about the event. Collaborate with fellow profes here or get a ready to use unit, “Copa Mundial 2022: Qatar World Cup“
- Our Ice Cream Posters have been a huge hit this fall. Our...
This year provides Spanish teachers an opportunity that hasn’t happened ever and will likely not happen again… the world’s biggest sporting event will take place during the school year. Normally taking place in the summer, the controversial decision to host the soccer tournament in Qatar forced an unprecedented change of dates.
With the tournament kicking off November 20, 2022, we are less than 90 days away. It’s a perfect opportunity to have your students follow along with the World Cup, research teams, and learn about its history. And we have that all prepared for you in our Copa...
This week, as part of the clothing/shopping unit, we went shopping! I had students explore a real Mexican department store and let them browse on their own for a while before I put them to the task of helping me look for gifts for my family.
I projected a screen with an item that I was looking for with a description of them person and their likes/dislikes and certain things that I was looking for about the item.