Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
The Department of Spanish and Hispanic Studies at Texas Christian University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position with a specialization in Mexican Literature and/or Mexican Cultural Studies, effective August 2024.
• 2/3 teaching load in a combination of Spanish language and Latin American literature and cultures courses.
• Conducting original research including refereed publications and scholarly conference presentations.
• Serving on department, college, and university committees.
• Participating in SHS department meetings and curriculum development.
- Ph.D. in Spanish (or equivalent) by the start of appointment.
- Native or near-native fluency in Spanish and English.
- Specialization in Mexican literature, culture and/or film and a strong research agenda in this field.
- Proven and successful experience teaching Spanish language, composition, conversation, and Latin American literature and culture in Spanish in a college or university.
- Demonstrated record of or potential for commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access efforts.
Review of applications is ongoing; candidates who submit by November 1, 2023, will receive priority. Applications should be submitted online through the TCU Human Resources website at https://jobs.tcu.edu/en-us/listing/.
Fill out personal/contact information and voluntary survey and then upload a letter of application, full CV, a one-page teaching statement, and a one-page statement addressing how the candidate will contribute to diversity, equity, and inclusion at TCU.
Please provide the name of three references who may be asked to submit letters of reference on your behalf.
A writing sample and teaching evaluations will be asked of those candidates chosen for remote interviews in December.