Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
The gross starting salary amounts to €2,395 per month based on a 38-hour working week, and will increase to €3,061 in the fourth year (salary scale P). In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
Speakers of languages such as Dutch, German, French and Spanish have a choice between using either a polite (V) or an informal (T) pronoun when addressing others. Within this project, you will investigate the effects of using either pronoun on addressees. These effects may vary across languages, situations, genders, age groups, and individuals. You will measure the impact of being addressed with T or V pronouns in Dutch and German or in French and Spanish in a series of psycholinguistic experiments (questionnaire, self-paced reading, eye-tracking, EEG, skin conductance). The position also involves some teaching duties within the Faculty of Arts.
Duration of the contract: you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years (4 year contract).
The intended start date is 1 September 2021.
- You should have completed (or be near to completing) a taught or research Master's degree in Linguistics or a related field.
- You are highly motivated to conduct psycholinguistic research.
- You have experience in psycholinguistic experimental research.
- You are a native or near-native speaker of Dutch, German, French or Spanish.
- You are a team player with good communication skills.
- You have excellent writing skills.
Please address your application to Prof. dr. Helen de Hoop and submit it, using the application button, no later than 25 June 2021, 23:59 Amsterdam Time Zone.
Your application should include the following attachments:
Letter of motivation.
The first round of interviews will take place on 30 June 2021.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. dr. Helen de Hoop, Professor of Linguistics