Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
£38,304 to £45,026 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
- Teaching Spanish language classes at all levels.
- Supporting the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader in the effective running of all teaching and assessment activities, course development, events and programmes relating to credit-bearing and external courses.
- Contributing to the organisation of student preparation sessions for internal and external examinations (revision classes, workshops, etc.).
- Assisting, as required, in the provision of the Learning Resources Centre and e-Learning facilities, and of the library, teachers' and TEL resources.
- Playing an active role in the developing/trialling/evaluating of original and/or adapted teaching materials for use in classroom and/or self-access mode.
- Participating in the departmental review, development and management of activities relating to course organisation and other functions, including staff management, student evaluations, quality control, etc., and in meetings convened for these purposes.
- Supporting the MLC to offer courses online, at other King’s campuses and other established institutions.
This post will be offered on a full-time, indefinite contract.
Education / qualification and training
• Native level fluency in Spanish.
• Qualified to Postgraduate level in Spanish language teaching/applied linguistics or a closely related subject.
• Substantial experience of teaching Spanish at all levels.
• Experience in the development of original teaching materials and courses and the exploitation of language teaching via electronic media and audio-visual support, including TEL.
Knowledge / skills
• Demonstrate ability to liaise with superiors, colleagues, academic/institutional clients and professional bodies.
• Demonstrate a disciplined and thorough approach to professional duties.
• Demonstrate ability to ensure the implementation of guidelines, deadlines, and quality standards.
• Excellent organisational and prioritising skills.
• A high command of IT skills (Word-processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, Virtual Learning Environments, educational software, Microsoft Office, etc.).
• Familiarity with UK Higher Education practice and the professional practices and requirements of clients and potential clients of the Centre.
• An awareness of trends and tendencies in HE in the UK, including Policies on language learning at national level.
• A very high level of proficiency in English.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to represen the Centre on College committees, etc.
• Ability to conduct and supervise staff development and provide expert advice on all matters relating to the study of languages.
Interviews are planned to take place online during the first week of June.