Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
We offer a competitive compensation package. Those who are brought forward into the interview process will receive further details about compensation, benefits and the duties and expectations of a full-time Shawnigan teacher.
Shawnigan is seeking a highly motivated and talented Language Teacher who is proficient in both English and Spanish from January 2022 to June 2022. This is a 0.8 FTE position with the possibility of increasing to a 1.0 FTE, and a possible extension into the 2022-2023 academic year.
Preference will be to given to qualified teachers who are a) academically multi-disciplinary b) can offer expertise, experience and enthusiasm in co-curricular activities c) are committed to contributing to our boarding campus and community d) have national and/or international boarding school experience and e) can contribute to the delivery of our strategic plan, Project Future.
Previous experience of the new British Columbia curriculum and/or Advanced Placement and/or internationally recognized academic curricula is required.
• Be a Canadian resident and legally entitled to work in Canada;
• Hold a post-secondary degree in Spanish, or related discipline that aligns with the Shawnigan academic program;
• Hold a post Secondary degree in Education;
• Be in possession of, or eligible to apply for, a British Columbia Teaching Certificate (Independent or Certificate of Qualification) by January 2022;
• Experience teaching AP an asset;
• Experience teaching Spanish classes at the senior high school level;
• Have a proven record of professionalism, punctuality, flexibility, dependability and reliability;
• Have experience working with teenagers, preferably in a national or international boarding environment;
• Have experience coaching a sport, instructing a fine art, or running an activity;
• Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter specifically expressing your interest in working at Shawnigan to the attention of Wendy Milne, Assistant Head, Academics, via email at email@example.com.