Tipo de contrato:
Tipo de centro:
Date of Appointment: October 1, 2021
Duration of Appointment: Successful candidates will be appointed for 1 year.
(If both the University and the candidate agree, the employment contract may be renewed up to 4 times).
Expectations of Candidates:
- Candidates must agree with the fundamental principles and goals of APU.
- It is desirable that applicants for Spanish teaching positions are proficient in Japanese or English.
Minimum Academic Qualifications for Application:
- A Master’s degree or above, or achievements/experiences recognized as equivalent to a Master’s degree.
- Meet one or more of the qualifications below.
· More than 1 year of teaching experience in higher education.
· Possess expert knowledge in the field of instruction or have experience in the field of instruction.
Please submit 1 copy of each of these documents in the University's preferred format. Please download items (1), (2), (4), (8) and instructions on how to complete the forms from the "Jobs" section of the APU website (www.apu.ac.jp).
(1) Curriculum vitae with applicant's signature or printed name with a seal (hanko) [Form 1]
(2) Education, Employment and Research Experience [Form 1]
(3) Microsoft Word Files of documents (1) and (2) on data media such as USB (no need for signature and seal (hanko))
(4) Language Proficiency Report [Form 3]
(5) Statement of Intent for Application (Please include your aspirations for Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, etc.) [No set format]
(6) Proof of highest level of education (Copy of diploma is acceptable.)
(7) Name, Affiliation, Job position and contact details of two persons we can contact for reference about the candidates.
(8) Checklist for Document Submission [Form 5]
(9) After sending the items (1) through (8) by post, please respond promptly to the following survey replying that you have submitted them.
*Submission in both English and Japanese is preferred.
*During the screening process, if necessary, you may be requested to provide additional details on past educational and research experience.
*Please note that submission of a health check form with the application is not required. However if you are offered a position at APU, you will be asked to complete a health check using our official form by the date of the appointment.
*Please note that documents submitted cannot be returned.
*Any personal information that has been provided on the application will be handled with the utmost care in accordance with University regulations. The information will not be used for any other purpose than to screen candidates for employment.
Please submit application forms to:
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University Academic Office
Attn: Personnel Affairs Unit
1-1 Jumonjibaru, Beppu, Oita 874-8577 JAPAN
*Please be sure to send your application by registered mail (kakitome-yubin) and mark "CLE Spanish Lecturer Position Application Enclosed" in red on the envelope.
*For further inquiries, please contact:
Academic Office, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
Subject: Application for CLE Spanish Lecturer Position
Monday, May 17, 2021 (Applications must be sent by post and arrive by this date.)
Applicants who pass the document screening will be asked to come for an interview at APU on or after June 9 (Wed.).
Applicants will be asked to present a mock lecture to the interviewing committee at the
time of the interview. Details of the interview will be sent to successful candidates.