Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Initial Salary Placement on Academic Salary Schedule C is dependent on education and experience. Salary range is from: $64,116 – $101,928 annually (adjusted for 12 months of pay per year). Column placement is based on education and step placement will be based on years of professional experience, not to exceed nine (9) years’ experience for a maximum placement of Step 10: For details, click on link to Academic Salary Schedule.
College of the Canyons is seeking a faculty leader in the area of Spanish (Modern Languages & Cultures). This is a 10-MONTH professional, full-time tenure track position beginning January 31, 2022. The position may include a combination of teaching, department, college, and community leadership functions. Assignment may include day, evening, and weekend duties at all District sites.
Possession of an unexpired California Community College Instructor Credential in Spanish
Master’s degree in Spanish
Bachelor’s degree in Spanish AND Master’s degree in another language or linguistics
Equivalencies: Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning AND completion of 24 semester units in the discipline at the upper division and graduate level, a minimum of which must be 12 graduate level semester units
*Applicants who meet equivalent qualifications must also submit a Request for Equivalency Form.
- Demonstrated excellence in language teaching at all levels; ability to teach literature and culture in both Spanish and English; native or near-native fluency in Spanish and English.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching of other Latin languages.
- Ability to develop and to teach new classes for our Spanish major as well as non-traditional courses such as occupational Spanish.
- Commitment to maintain currency in the discipline, including use of advanced technology required in the discipline.
- Knowledge of American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages ACTFL) standards.
- Strong commitment to professional growth and development, and to the continued innovation and improvement of successful teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with computers and other forms of advanced technology utilized in providing high quality instruction and the understanding and successful use of learning technology.
Applicants are encouraged to complete their applications online. Please visit our website at https://www.canyons.edu/administration/humanresources/. If you require assistance, please call the Human Resources Department at (661)362-3427 or our TTY Line at (661)362-5178. Applicants may check the status of their application online and may expect to be notified within approximately 4 - 5 weeks following the Review Date as to the status of their application.
All application materials must be uploaded online or received in the Human Resources Department by the end of the day on the review date in order to assure consideration for this position. Postmark is not acceptable for this purpose. Separate application materials must be submitted for each position applied for. Materials submitted become property of the District and will not be returned, copied, or considered for other openings. The Human Resources Department is located in the University Center, Suite 360 at 26455 Rockwell Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, CA, 91355.
The following application materials are required for your application to be complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A District Academic Application.
- Letter of interest(cover letter). In your letter, please address your qualifications and experience as they pertain to the job duties, the demonstrated knowledge, and the abilities section of this announcement. Provides specific details and examples of your direct leadership in achieving the list of minimum and desirable requirements for this position.
- A detailed resume summarizing education and experience.
- College transcripts verifying educational degree(s) required for the position. Submit unofficial copies of transcripts for application purposes. Copies of college diplomas are not acceptable in lieu of transcripts. Important note on minimum education requirements: Units and/or degree(s) earned must have been awarded by a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the American Council on Post-Secondary Education. Please see our website for evaluation requirements for units and degrees earned at foreign institutions.
- Confidential Recruitment Source Information (Voluntary Survey). This is voluntary and is part of the online applicant profile separate from the application.
Additional Application Submission Materials Required:
- Philosophy of Diversity Statement
- Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Sample syllabus
- Optional: Sample video introducing yourself to your elementary Spanish class (2-3 minutes in length). Please include a document with a link to access your video recording (in mp3, wav format or similar) on an online cloud storage service, such as OneDrive or Google Drive.