Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Salary level NOK 563 900 - NOK 677 600 per year in a 100 % position, depending on qualifications. Pension agreement with Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Attractive welfare benefits.
A 50 % position of senior lecturer (SKO 1198) in Spanish is available at the Department of Literature, Area Studies and European Languages (ILOS), University of Oslo, for the period 1.1.2022 – 31.12.2024.
The vacancy is a teaching position, with 75 % teaching and dissemination work, 19 % academic development work, and 6 % administration. The teaching will normally be at bachelor level. Within the normal duties and academic competence, the person appointed may also be directed to work outside his/her department. The appointment is made on condition that changes to the subject area and tasks may be determined by the employer.
Teaching and master's supervision will be carried out in Spanish and will be primarily focused on Spanish Linguistics. However, the appointed candidate must also be ready to teach the following courses: SPA1000 - Introduction to Spanish Studies, SPA1100 - Spanish in Practice, SPA1500 - History and Identity in the Spanish-speaking world and SPA1503 - Culture and Society in the Spanish-speaking world.
The successful candidate must have teaching experience at the University or College level (at both bachelor's and master's level) and show a broad professional competence in Spanish, since the person to be appointed must be able to teach widely and take some master's thesis supervision
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent academic qualifications in Spanish. Preference may be given to candidates with a specialisation in Spanish linguistics.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position.
In the evaluation of the applicants, emphasis will be placed on:
- pedagogical qualifications and practice, mainly from universities or higher education institutions, see How to document your pedagogical skills
- experience in elaborating courses, or in producing text books, compilations and lecture notes
- experience in internet based teaching/flexible learning
- good teamwork skills and experience
- professional competency and scientific publications in the field
Applicants must submit the following attachments with the electronic application, preferably in pdf format:
- letter of application describing qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- list of publications, if applicable
Please note that all documents must be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Diplomas, certificates and other documentation will be requested later.
An interview and a trial lecture will be part of the assessment process.
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system.