Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Contract Type: Tenure Track (five year fixed term). During the term of the contract the successful applicant will have the opportunity to apply for tenure in accordance with the University's Policy and Procedures for Granting Multi-annual Status to Tenure Track Academic Staff.
Salary Scale: €41,510 - €56,940 p.a
Job ID: 051748
Overall purpose of the job
To engage in high-level research and develop a portfolio of publications of an international standard; to teach undergraduate and postgraduate modules and postgraduate modules on Spanish cultural studies, including literature, cinema, and other related disciplines; to supervise undergraduate projects and MA and PhD students; to engage with academic administration, including the coordination of modules.
• Doctoral degree (level 10 NFQ) in any area of contemporary (20th and/or 21st century) Spanish cultural studies or a cognate discipline.
• Demonstrated excellence in, or potential for, producing high-quality publications in an area relevant to the post.
• Proven record of achievement in research, with a developing international reputation.
• Native or near-native command, spoken and written, of both English and Spanish.
• Experience in teaching Spanish-language classes at level 8 NFQ or Higher Education equivalent.
• Experience in administrative duties related to teaching and research.
• Experience in working as a member of a team in a collegial and collaborative manner.
• A proven record, or evidence of potential, to obtain external research funding.
• Willingness to participate in public engagement and outreach.
• Experience of PhD Supervision and/or skills that demonstrate the potential to provide excellent supervision for PhD students.
Informal enquiries for this post may be directed to:
Dr Liam Murray
School of Modern Languages and Applied Linguistics
University of Limerick
The University of Limerick (UL) with over 17,000 students and 1,800 staff is an energetic and enterprising institution with a proud record of innovation and excellence in education, research and scholarship. The dynamic, entrepreneurial and pioneering values which drive UL’s mission and strategy ensure that we capitalise on local, national and international engagement and connectivity. We are renowned for providing an outstanding student experience and employability and conducting leading edge research. Our commitment is to make a difference by shaping the future through educating and empowering our undergraduate and postgraduate students. UL is situated on a superb riverside campus of over 130 hectares with the River Shannon as a unifying focal point. Outstanding recreational, cultural and sporting facilities further enhance this exceptional learning and research environment.