Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
The salary for the positions ranges from RMB13,661-RMB30,987 based on qualifications and experience.
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s educational, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
Applications are invited for Spanish language teaching positions in the Modern Languages Centre (MLC) at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University. Candidates are sought to ideally start on Spring Semester 21-22, although start dates may be subject to further discussion.
There will be opportunities for Spanish language lecturers to be involved in a range of different types of delivery, including:
- Compulsory credit-bearing Spanish language modules on the university’s “International Business with a Language BA degree program, which allows students to study Spanish continuously through their degree up to CEFR B2 level
- Optional credit-bearing Spanish language modules available to undergraduate students
- Spanish language courses that are an optional component of postgraduate degrees
- Out-of-class Spanish language support activities
- Coordination of content for overseas summer Spanish immersion programs in Spain
- Engaging with a range of Spanish Summer Schools available
- Training courses to prepare SIELE/DELE official exams
There will also be the opportunity for a member of the Spanish teaching team to take on a managerial role with responsibility for the coordination and leadership of the Spanish teaching programs. Additionally, there are opportunities for all staff to develop their careers by taking on wider managerial and administrative roles and contributing to both MLC and university-level committees. All managerial, administrative, and committee roles are appointed on a fixed-term basis, thus providing all staff members with a range of options to take on responsibilities in areas that interest them.
Successful applicants should be educated to at least a Master’s degree level in a relevant area (e.g., Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language, Hispanic Studies; Latin American Studies); candidates with no Master’s Degree will not be considered. Besides, the candidate should have at least two years of postmaster’s relevant teaching experience either at the university level or Higher Education institution. Additionally, applicants should demonstrate a competitive proficiency in both written and spoken English, as this is the working language of the university.
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from candidates who can demonstrate a dynamic, current, and innovative engagement in one or more of the following areas: technology-enhanced language learning (especially pedagogical uses of VR/AI); content and language integrated learning (especially where the focus is on inter-and transcultural dimensions of contemporary cultures and societies); Spanish for professional purposes (including translation, public service interpreting and multilingual working environments); communicative and task-based methodologies (especially syllabus and materials design including cross-mapped benchmarking and skills-oriented assessment); and problem-based language learning (preferably with emotional intelligence development embedded). In addition, an officially accredited DELE and/or SIELE examiner would be considered a plus.
Applications must be submitted exclusively ONLINE through the official offer link (https://career15.sapsf.cn/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=2005&company=xjtlu) by including:
- A cover letter in both Spanish and English, specifying your suitability for the role
- A current CV in both Spanish and English, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact details for three references
Inquiries may be addressed to the Staff Management Team at AcademicPositions@xjtlu.edu.cn. Please quote the position and job ID in your inquiry.
For more specific inquiries with job details, please contact the Head of the Spanish Department of XJTLU Modern Language Centre (MLC), Mr. Alejandro Castellano, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only applications submitted online through the link above will be considered. Email addresses are exclusively for information and no applications will be accepted via email.
- Applications should be received by the closing date stated above.
- Interviews will be held in December 2021 either onsite (if in China) or online (if overseas), in both Spanish and English.
- Ideal start date is February/March 2022, although it may be negotiable
Citizenship and visa regulations:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws and must comply with the provincial government's regulations. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment concerning obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 55 may not be eligible for a PRC work visa. Note that only foreigners from Spain, Mexico, Chile, and Argentina can apply due to Immigration Administration Entry & Exit Bureau directives.