Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
£26,715 - £30,046 per annum, pro-rota.
Part time (0.8 FTE), fixed term position for 2 years: 13 September 2021 – 31 August 2023.
To undertake teaching and administrative roles to support the teaching programme on all levels of Spanish modules in the Language Centre, and to develop and enhance the Centre’s teaching reputation in this area.
- Native or near-native fluency in spoken and written Spanish (a, b, c)
- Minimum of a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent in Spanish, Hispanic Studies or a cognate discipline. (a)
- Ability to develop and deliver high-quality teaching. (a, b, c)
- Ability to develop own teaching materials. (a, c)
- Ability to support the Centre and the School in its on-going review and development of the teaching programme. (a, c)
- Ability to undertake teaching-related tasks (e.g., setting examination papers and questions, marking, collecting student feedback through questionnaires, invigilation and pastoral support of students, as requested). (a, b, c)
- Willingness to undertake roles and functions as required, such as attendance at meetings and participation in committees and groups. (a, c)
- Willingness to engage in appropriate continuous professional development. (a, c)
- Excellent command of spoken and written Spanish and English, effective communication and presentation skills. (a, b, c)
- Good interpersonal skills. (c)
- Competency in IT and familiarity with an online learning environment. (a, b, c)
- Experience of teaching in a UK HE institution. (a, c)
- Postgraduate qualification or similar in the teaching of Spanish (a)
This is measured by (a) Application Form, (b) Test/Exercise, (c) Interview, (d) Presentation.
Right to work in the UK
If you do not yet have the right to work in the UK and/or are seeking sponsorship for a Skilled Worker visa in the UK points-based immigration system please click on this link which contains further information about obtaining right to work in the UK and details about eligibility for sponsorship for a Skilled Worker Visa.
Please contact Evan Stewart, Director of the Language Centre (School of Modern Languages and Cultures), University of Warwick for more information.