Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
The position offers a competitive salary.
The Department of Romance Languages and Literatures at the University at Buffalo invites applications for a full-time, clinical assistant professor (10-month, non-tenure track) in Spanish and Portuguese Language and Culture. The position requires developing and teaching content-based Spanish language courses, Portuguese language courses, and Portuguese and Spanish area studies courses in English for General Education. The courses will be taught at the undergraduate level with the potential to develop graduate courses for students in health, engineering, management, and liberal arts programs.
The clinical instructor will:
- Play a key role in revamping the Portuguese language and culture program,
- Contribute to the management of a professional language track in Spanish,
- Implement strategic initiatives in community-based experiential learning,
- Plan events to highlight Spanish and Portuguese languages and cultures and recruit students,
- Serve on College of Arts and Sciences Language Study Committee and Departmental Undergraduate Studies Committee.
The position will begin in the 2022-2023 academic year and will require teaching 4 courses per semester. There is no research obligation. This is a two-year, non-tenure-track position with the possibility of subsequent renewals based on performance, available funding, and College need.
- PhD conferred by start date of appointment.
- Demonstrated experience and excellence in teaching Spanish for the Professions and Portuguese language at multiple levels.
- Native or near-native fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, and English.
Experience with online and hybrid learning, curriculum development, language placement, alternative assessments, open educational resources, and program assessment are all highly desirable.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, current cv, and a teaching portfolio (teaching statement, sample syllabi, sample activities and assessments, relevant student evaluations).
All application materials should be submitted via UB Jobs. Application materials submitted directly to the posting contact will not be acknowledged and cannot be considered.
Applications received by July 18, 2022 will receive priority consideration. The position is open until filled.