Assistant/Associate Professor, Spanish, Language & Literature
Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
University of The Bahamas College of Liberal & Fine Arts is pleased to invite applications for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor, Spanish, Language & Literature. This full-time appointment will commence 1st August 2023..
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the HOD, Department of Foreign Languages, the Assistant/Associate Professor, Spanish, Language & Literature shall:
- Engage programme review and academic programme promotion in conjunction with the home department at the Oakes Field Campus;
- Teach & develop courses in language, speech, grammar, Hispanic & Latin American studies, literature and/or culture;
- Teach Hispanic-Latin American film and Spanish language theatre;
- Maintain classroom interaction with Anglophone students;
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence in teaching undergraduate students and a willingness to promote foreign language learning through community outreach;
- Increase access to language education through the use of technology;
- Contribute to the development of quality distance education options for language learners.
Required Knowledge, SkillsaAnd Abilities
- Tertiary-level teaching experience;
- Publications in the areas of Spanish language, literature, linguistics, or Hispanic and Latin American studies;
- Ability to teach Hispanic-Latin American film and Spanish-language theater is highly desirable;
- Ability to teach another language such as Portugese is a plus;
- Proficiency in Spanish and English.
- Candidates must have an earned PhD in Spanish, Hispanic/Latin American/Spanish Studies or related field from an accredited institution with a rich university experience in teaching the Spanish language, literature and culture.
Application materials should include:
1. A cover letter describing academic philosophy and vision, research and publications;
2. Copies of academic certificates;
3. Copies of transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate degree programmes completed;
4. A current and complete curriculum vitae;
5. Copy of relevant pages of a valid passport showing photo ID, passport number and expiration date;
6. Names and contact information of three persons who can provide letters of reference;
7. Completed UB Application for Employment Form found at this link: http://www.ub.edu.bs/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/UB-Application-for-Employment-Faculty.pdf.
To Apply: Apply electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org noting the position in the subject field.
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Attach all of the above-listed in one electronic file. Additional materials will be required of shortlisted candidates.
For additional information or informal inquiries, contact email@example.com