Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Assistant Professor / Lecturer (2020*)Salary Scale: €54,849 – €86,235 p.a (7 points) --
Assistant Lecturer (2020) Salary Scale: €34,746 – €60,985 p.a (14 points)
Maynooth University is committed to a strategy in which the primary University goals of excellent research and scholarship and outstanding education are interlinked and equally valued. We are seeking an excellent academic to join our staff as an Assistant Professor / Lecturer in Spanish and Latin American Studies with a specialism in one of the two following areas:
- Translation Studies (to include literary translation; intermediality and intralingual translation; scientific, technical, and commercial translation; and/or the use of digital technology in translation);
- Language Education (to include second-language pedagogy, as it relates to Spanish; language teaching and learning; second-language assessment and testing, as they relate to Spanish; and/or the use of digital technology to support the teaching and learning of Spanish).
The person appointed will have a proven record of teaching, research, and publication, appropriate to career stage. He/she/they will be expected to make a strong contribution to the teaching programme of the School and Spanish and Latin American Studies section and undertake teaching duties on the School’s undergraduate and postgraduate programmes as well as the supervision of Master’s and PhD students.
- A PhD in a relevant discipline;
- Native or near-native language competence (CEFR C2 level) in Spanish and English;
- A strong academic record in teaching and research;
- A record of scholarly work and publication of international quality, demonstrating potential to become a significant contributor in her/his/their field;
- Experience of and a demonstrated commitment to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, programme development and academic innovation;
- Experience of supervising or potential to supervise graduate research students;
- Experience of, and commitment to, working in an interdisciplinary setting;
- Good administrative, organisational, teamwork and communication skills.