Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Salary will be between $52,000 and $58,000 per year, commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual.
The Department of Global Studies and Languages is housed within the ISU College of Arts and Letters. As a college, we pride ourselves on being a community of scholars who make meaningful, professional contributions to our disciplines, departments, university, and community. This includes being passionate about providing outstanding learning opportunities for our students, many of whom are first-generation college students from Idaho. We also pride ourselves on our commitment to working collegially with other members of the department to achieve university goals to meet our collective mission. Our goal in the College of Arts and Letters is to work together in putting students first, and we expect all our faculty to embrace this core value.
The Assistant Professor of Spanish/SLA will teach Spanish language and Spanish language acquisition at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Teach three courses per semester in a combination of Spanish language and Spanish language acquisition/linguistics at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Conduct and disseminate academic research in the field/s of primary expertise in peer-reviewed academic venues.
- Take a leadership role in the coordination of the lower-division undergraduate program.
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students in the Spanish program.
- Participate in Spanish program curriculum development and assessment at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Ph.D. in Spanish by July 31st, 2022, with a primary or secondary focus on Spanish language acquisition/pedagogy or sociolinguistics.
- Native or near-native fluency in Spanish and English.
- A promising research agenda.
- Experience teaching Spanish language, acquisition, or linguistics.
- Concentration in Spanish Language Acquisition or Spanish Linguistics or Spanish pedagogy.
- A background/interest in teaching Spanish for professional purposes.
- Experience with online delivery of courses.
- Experience teaching grammar, and/or composition and conversation.
- A demonstrated preparation to teach courses in Spanish linguistics and/or language pedagogy.
You must submit the following for consideration:
- Letter of interest addressed to Dr. Helen C. Tarp, search committee chair, Global Studies and Languages. Queries may be directed to Dr. Tarp at email@example.com
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness and a research writing sample in Spanish or English may be requested by the search committee at a later date.
This position will remain open until it is filled; however, priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to November 15, 2021.