Tipo de contrato:
Tipo de centro:
The Department of Spanish at the University of North Georgia is seeking applications for a tenure-track position in Spanish and Portuguese at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning in August 2021.
Teach four courses per semester in undergraduate Spanish language and Portuguese; advise students; serve the department, the university and the community; and engage in scholarly activity.
Teaching schedules may include assignments on the University's Gainesville and/or Dahlonega campuses, evening or on-line classes, and coordinating or teaching intensive immersion courses and programs.
- Ph.D., or the foreign equivalent, in Spanish, or a related field.
- At least eighteen (18) graduate credit hours of Portuguese language, literature, linguistics, history, and/or culture classes.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching Spanish at the university level in the US or Canada, with at least two years of part-time graduate teaching experience.
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, and English.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all campus constituencies.
- Demonstrated and/or potential for excellence in service and scholarship.
- Experience teaching Portuguese language at the undergraduate level.
- Demonstrated and/or potential for excellence in promotion of language programs and student engagement.
- Demonstrated and/or potential for excellence in promotion of diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated experience working with a diverse student body and faculty.
Required Documents to Attach
Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts,
If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.