Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
The Department of Modern Languages and Cultures invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Spanish. This appointment begins in January 2023.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- A commitment to teaching and service excellence.
- Teach beginning, intermediate and advanced-level courses in Spanish language, literature, culture, and film. 12 credit hours per semester load.
- Advise and mentor students.
- Provide service and leadership to the campus and the scholarly community.
- Active involvement in departmental activities and service.
- The Department of Modern Languages and Cultures offers a BA degree in Spanish, as well as minors in both “traditional” Hispanic Studies and Professional Spanish.
- A PhD in Spanish, Hispanic Studies, or equivalent. Advanced-level ABD candidates may be considered.
- Full fluency in both Spanish and English.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching, scholarship, and academic service.
Preference will be given to versatile scholars who can teach across the Spanish curriculum, including Latin American literature, Professional/Business Spanish, US Latinx literature, and/or Cultural Studies.
- The job application form (http://adrian.edu/uploads/files/Employment_Application.pdf)
- Cover letter.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Unofficial graduate and undergraduate transcripts (must have official transcripts for final consideration).
- Three reference letters, together with contact information.
- Teaching Philosophy.
- Statement on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Please send your complete application in a single pdf file to the search committee chair, Dr John Eipper, at email@example.com
The Search committee will begin evaluating dossiers on October 17, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled.