Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Commensurate with education and experience.
The Department of World Languages in the Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Arkansas, invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor in Spanish with a primary specialization in applied Spanish linguistics, language pedagogy, and/or second-language acquisition. This is a standard nine-month faculty appointment.
Position responsibilities include teaching language, pedagogy, research, and Hispanic linguistics courses and guiding students in pursuit of their education requirements. One of the overarching goals of this position is to support Spanish M.A. students in the pedagogy track so that they can demonstrate career and/or doctoral program readiness. Likewise, curriculum (re)development will be necessary at certain times to meet the needs of undergraduate students. Collaboration with other university faculty and staff is paramount as well as the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others. The percentage of time/effort of each of the separate job will generally be 40% teaching, 40% research, and 20% administrative.
Candidates should demonstrate excellence in research, in addition, the successful candidate will be expected to provide effective instruction and advising to a diverse population of undergraduate and graduate students and possess the interpersonal skills and collegiality necessary to help maintain a strong Spanish program at an R1 institution. Occasional teaching of pedagogy/linguistics outside the Spanish program and/or the World Languages Department is expected.
- Expertise in applied Spanish linguistics.
- Ph.D. in applied Spanish linguistics or closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education conferred by the start of employment.
- Native or near-native fluency in Spanish and English.
- Applied knowledge of language acquisition principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong research and writing skills with demonstrated knowledge of research tools and methodology.
- Demonstrated experience in, or the potential for, building an equitable and diverse scholarly environment in teaching, mentoring, research, life experiences, or service.
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and oversee scholarly work in the field.
- Possess strong research records or have demonstrated the potential to publish in top-tier journals.
- Have demonstrated the ability to provide an excellent learning environment in the classroom, and value collegiality.
- Experience or interest in one of these areas is also preferred: instructor training/supervision, curriculum renewal, Spanish for heritage speakers, bilingual education, OPI training and testing, digital humanities.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment.
- Must be willing to contribute to the department and college strategic plan of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site.
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Required documents to apply:
Confidential Letters of Recommendation (see special instructions for submission instructions), Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Curriculum Vitae, Diversity Statement, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Statement of Research Philosophy, Statement of Teaching Philosophy, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s)
Optional documents: Proof of Veteran Status
For additional inquiries, please contact the search committee chair, Dr. Luis Restrepo, at email@example.com.