Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Department of Language, Literature, and Arts invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Spanish. The position will begin in Fall 2022 and will have a 3/3 teaching load. The successful candidate will teach at all levels of the undergraduate Spanish curriculum, including introductory, intermediate, and advanced language courses, and will contribute to the growth of our Spanish program.
Candidates will also have the opportunity to contribute to interdisciplinary programs such as Mexican-American, Latinx, and Borderlands Studies and Women’s and Gender Studies and to work with students preparing for careers in Spanish and bilingual education.
- A Ph.D. in Spanish or related field
- A minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in Spanish
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish
- An active scholarly agenda
- Potential to teach introductory, intermediate, and advanced language courses.
- Potential to meet the needs of heritage speakers of Spanish.
- Potential to teach culturally diverse students and first-generation students and to implement pedagogical practices that promote educational equity and student success.
- Willingness to participate actively in building the Spanish program
Experience teaching diverse students, including heritage speakers, is desired. An active scholarly research agenda is essential, and we welcome candidates whose work engages with one or more of the following fields:
- South American, Central American, Mexican, and/or Caribbean Literature and Culture
- Latinx, Afro-Latinx, and/or Indigenous Literature and Culture
- Spanish Linguistics, Translation, Second Language Acquisition, Spanish for Heritage Speakers, and/or Spanish for the Professions
Applicants must complete the application/Faculty Form, a letter of interest, and curriculum vitae, on our online employment system: https://employment.tamusahr.com/. In addition, applicants must submit a complete set of unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are not necessary to complete the initial application) and contact information for three references.
The priority date for applications is Nov. 10, 2021. The position is open until filled.
Finalists will be required to have three current, original letters of recommendation sent to the Search Committee Chair. The letters should be less than one year old and should bear the writer’s signature.
The selected candidates must pass a pre-employment background investigation to be hired for this position.
Please direct any questions to Dr. James Finley at James.Finley@tamusa.edu.