Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
The Department of Languages at Clemson University invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Spanish and International Business, tenure-track, beginning Fall 2022. The successful candidate will have an active research agenda and contribute to teaching and advising students in Spanish and International Business. Clemson’s Language and International Business (LAIB) program is a unique combination of a traditional language major with a strong business component. LAIB majors are required to complete a business language sequence, study abroad, and an international internship.
Job duties include a 2-2 teaching load, advising majors on internships, career paths, and professional development opportunities, research output, and service to promote the growth and innovation of the program.
- PhD. in hand at the time of appointment.
- Area of research specialization is open but must include Spanish with an interest relevant to the LAIB program,
- Demonstrated competence and excellence in speaking, writing, and teaching in Spanish and English for academic, scholarly, and professional purposes.
- A background in business, economics, or related fields is a plus
The ideal candidate will be committed to excellence in research and teaching. The area of specialization is open and could include, but is not limited to, the following: diversity in the business world, global business challenges, entrepreneurship and community development, Spanish for the professions, Candidates should be able to teach courses in Spanish at all levels, especially business Spanish and/or Spanish for the professionals.
Electronic application packages (PDF files) must be submitted by November 15, 2021 through Interfolio using the following link: http://apply.interfolio.com/95735.
Applicants must submit the following application materials:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Teaching philosophy
• Sample syllabus for a Spanish-language class (intermediate or above) on a business topic (e.g., Spanish for the professions, entrepreneurship, globalization, etc.)
• Names of three recommenders
Please include contact information for three people who can act as references. They may be contacted to submit letters of reference electronically after the first review of documents. Candidates may also be asked to provide writing samples later in the process.
Questions about the position or application materials can be addressed to Dr. Jae DiBello Takeuchi, email@example.com.