Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more.
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese in the College of Humanities at the University of Arizona seeks to fill a career track position in Spanish-English Translation and Interpretation.
The successful candidate will teach a maximum of six undergraduate courses a year, and contribute to departmental, college and university service. The candidate will play a key role in the development and growth of our Translation and Interpretation online program, and in recruiting undergraduate majors. This position will require regular participation in online teacher training and virtual education workshops. Superior proficiency in Spanish and English is required.
This career-track appointment is not eligible for tenure.
The Department offers an undergraduate major emphasis in Translation and Interpretation. The successful candidate will serve as liaison between the Translation and Interpretation Program and the Online Spanish Language Program, which has an enrollment of 1,500 students. The department offers a fully online Spanish minor and major. There will also be opportunities for collaboration with the University of Arizona National Center for Interpretation (NCI). Alumni Jacquelynn and Bennett Dorrance have made a gift commitment of $5.4 million to endow the deanship of the University of Arizona College of Humanities to bring the humanities to the forefront of the University of Arizona's life and mission through a continuous and fearless spirit of open inquiry: https://humanities.arizona.edu/about/fearless-inquiries-project.
- Ph.D. in Translation Studies (Spanish-English), Spanish or related field in hand at time of appointment.
- Professional expertise and/or certification in healthcare and/or legal translation and interpretation.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to innovation in Online college teaching.
- Demonstrated experience to incorporate technology into language education.
- Superior fluency in Spanish and English.
- Candidates should have experience of U.S. varieties of Spanish and English.
- Experience working with first generation and heritage language learners' students and support the mission and purpose of a Hispanic Serving Institution.
- Experience teaching courses in translation and Interpretation.
- Experience in curriculum development.
All University employees, including student workers and graduate assistants/associates, must verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they have been granted a religious or disability/medical accommodation.
For your application to be considered complete, please submit the following: CV, Cover Letter, In the first additional document slot: a 1-page statement of teaching philosophy, and in the second additional document slot: a writing sample.
Once you've submitted your application and are selected for an interview, you will receive an email from the TALENT system requesting the contact information for your three references so that they can upload a letter on your behalf. The three professional references that you list will receive an email that will ask them to provide a letter of reference for you. All three reference letters must be uploaded to the TALENT system by the referees.