Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Competitive rate of pay.
The Foreign Language department is seeking a Spanish adjunct professor to teach Elementary and Intermediate level Spanish language courses on Zoom and/or on the JCCC campus. JCCC is located in Overland Park, KS, the second largest city in the state of Kansas and part of the greater Kansas City Metro.
JCCC is looking for a diverse pool of applicants for a part-time adjunct faculty position in the Foreign Language Department to teach Elementary and Intermediate Spanish courses on Zoom and/or the JCCC campus. The Foreign Language Department is part of the Communications Division. Many of our students are non-traditional, military veterans, immigrants, international and first-generation college students. JCCC has a diverse student population and is dedicated to increasing its diversity. The successful applicant for this job will teach the equivalent of 3-10 credit hours per semester in Spanish . This person will perform other duties expected of adjunct faculty, to include collaborating and working successfully with other full-time and adjunct faculty in the Foreign Language department and other duties as assigned. Teaching assignments could be day or evening courses, and hybrid or online and are subject to change as needed.
- Master's degree in Spanish or a Master's degree in a related discipline with at least 18 hours of graduate work in Spanish
- 2 years teaching experience at the post-secondary level and/or 4 years of high school teaching experience
- Ability to teach elementary and intermediate level Spanish language courses
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of using technology in teaching
- Ability to teach online using zoom or a platform similar to zoom
- Understanding of the climate of post-secondary institutions
- Knowledge of ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- Documentation from ACTFL (OPI) of advanced, mid or higher in Spanish
- PhD in French
Please submit a resume, unofficial transcripts, and two letters of recommendation: one from a supervisor and one from a colleague with the application. Official transcripts will be requested upon hire.
Candidates will be interviewed using zoom and will be asked to demonstrate a 30 minute Zoom class.