Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Potomac State College, part of the West Virginia University (WVU) system of campuses, located in Keyser, West Virginia, seeks qualified candidates committed to excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level in the following area: Visiting Instructor in Spanish, Non-Tenure-track.
This position is full-time, nine months, benefits-eligible, and a starting date of August 13, 2021.
Duties: Teaching responsibilities include Spanish 101 Elementary Spanish, Spanish 102 Elementary Spanish, Spanish 203 Intermediate Spanish, and Spanish 204 Intermediate Spanish.
- A master’s degree in Spanish or related language with documented fluency in Spanish from a regionally accredited college or university is required for rank of Instructor.
- Demonstration of excellent college teaching and effective communication skills.
- Credentials in a second language are valued. Successful candidates should demonstrate:
- Experience developing and delivering courses in a variety of modes, including online courses that ensure quality and effective assessment;
- A commitment to collegiality with peers and building a welcoming community;
- A student-centered commitment to high academic standards and service to students, including an effective and conscientious commitment to academic advising;
- A commitment to utilizing innovative teaching methodologies and systems which actively engage students in the learning process;
- Experience developing student learning outcomes, and course and program assessments;
- A commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial university transcript(s)
- Contact information for three professional references
Closing date for applications: 10 days after posting.