Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Salary Upper: $40,500
Salary Lower: $37,500
Owensboro Community and Technical College is hiring a full-time Spanish Instructor in the Humanities and Fine Arts Department. Primary teaching assignments will include a variety of courses in the study of Elementary and Intermediate Spanish and specialized interest areas. This position reports directly to the Department Head.
The duties/responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Teach introductory and intermediate Spanish classes
- Incorporate a variety of teaching methods and materials to assist students with differing educational experiences, experiential backgrounds, and learning styles to assist them in meeting course competencies. Evaluate students’ progress towards stated course competencies and inform them of their progress in a timely manner.
- Provide quality and timely course access to students and communicate availability through appropriate methods such as posted campus/office hours and electronic communication. Maintain professional relationship with colleagues, students, and the community.
- Participate in non-teaching assignments including academic advising, professional development, internal and external service, and other assigned responsibilities determined in consultation with supervisors.
- This position requires teaching a minimum of 15 credit hours per semester, or a minimum of 30 credit hours in the Fall and Spring semesters combined. Teaching assignment may include teaching on one or more of the college’s campuses in person, hybrid, online or some combination thereof, based on the needs of the students.
Duties will begin in Spring semester (Jan. 2022).
- Master's degree from an accredited university with 18 graduate hours of coursework in Spanish.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge, experience, or evidence of a commitment to inclusivity, and excellence in teaching methodologies that effectively engage our diverse student population.
- The candidate should have experience with instructional technologies, including presentation software and learning management systems (i.e., Blackboard Ultra, Canvas, Banner etc.).
- Candidates should demonstrate proficiency with technology, as well as written, verbal, and interpersonal communication.
- Prior teaching experience preferred.
Applicants must complete and submit:
- Online application
- Cover letter
- Copy of all college transcripts
- Kentucky State Law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
- Selected candidate will perform a teaching demonstration.
Positions are based on a term-contract, with the expectancy of continuance based on performance.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be notified. The search may be extended if additional candidates are needed.