Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Salary commensurate with experience, qualifications, and benchmarked with peer schools.
The Spanish teaching position is an exciting instructional opportunity to work with students in Grades 1-8 to foster interest, knowledge, and skills in Spanish language and culture. The position includes developing instructional materials, establishing learning objectives based on IB curriculum and guidelines, and providing instruction in academic, social, and emotional skill areas. Teaching at Soundview is a collaborative process with team members across disciplines and grades to ensure the ongoing growth and development of our Language Acquisition program.
The position is potentially part or full-time, depending on a candidate’s other qualifications and the corresponding needs of our program.
Basic duties of all teachers include:
- First and foremost, care for social, emotional, and developmental needs of primary students and families.
- IB Unit planning, instruction, assessment, and reporting.
- Collaborative planning with teaching teams.
- Various supervisory duties.
- Ongoing program review and revision.
- Full participation in the life of the school and students, including outdoor trips and evening events.
- BA or BS from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent classroom management skills and knowledge of child development.
- Classroom experience and/or teaching certificate preferred.
- IB and independent school experience preferred.
- Experience in other subject areas, service learning and/or design thinking is a plus.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com . A 20-30 minute teaching video is recommended.
Soundview is a small independent school for Early Childhood through Grade 8 students. We offer our students the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years and Middle Years programs in multi-age classrooms. The curriculum is inquiry-based and planned collaboratively by the teaching team and IB Coordinator.