Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
The Department of Modern and Classical Languages at the University of Rhode Island invites applications for a non-tenure-track position at the rank of lecturer in Spanish. The successful candidate will teach three (3) 3-credit courses per semester mainly in the Lower Division Spanish program, with an occasional course at the Upper Division level (dependent on departmental needs and candidate’s qualifications) and will serve as coordinator of the Beginning-Intermediate Spanish Program for the duration of the appointment.
The position is full-time academic year, non tenure track, limited to 06/17/2023 with anticipated renewal. The anticipated start date is July 1, 2022.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Supervising and evaluating the work of part-time instructors assigned to beginning and intermediate Spanish courses. Teaching 3 courses per semester. Other responsibilities of this position include advising undergraduate students, especially regarding placement at the appropriate level in our curriculum; and preparing and implementing professional development activities for part-time instructors teaching in the program. Align the lower division Spanish curriculum with best practices in proficiency and intercultural based instruction.
1. MA in Spanish or related field.
2. Native or near-native fluency in Spanish and English.
3. Excellence in college-level teaching (with a minimum of 3 years of experience).
4. Training in proficiency-based instruction.
5. Experience using educational technologies effectively.
6. Demonstrated excellence in oral communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Demonstrated proficiency in organizational skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. PhD in Spanish, or any related field.
2. Training in second language acquisition, or pedagogy.
3. Experience in program development.
4. Interest in the field of intercultural competence.
Please attach the following 5 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter/Letter of Application.
(#2) Curriculum Vitae.
(#3) “Other Document” – A reflective statement about current research-based best teaching practices in your field of study.
(#4) “Other Document” - A separate statement of how your work would contribute to URI’s ideals of diversity and inclusion as enunciated in the Provost’s Agenda for Change.
(#5) “Other Document – References” – the names and contact information of three professional references (pdf doc).
The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by December 3, 2021. Second consideration may be given to applications received by December 17, 2021. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (December 17, 2021) may not be given full consideration.