Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
$67,275.00 - $77,625.00 annually
This position provides instructional and administrative services including teaching; conducts classroom observations; evaluates faculty and adjunct faculty instructional performance impacting future employment decisions; participates in searches for new faculty and adjuncts and recommends hires. This position also conducts academic assessments for developing or improving new or existing programs, and eliminating obsolete offerings. A 12-credit equivalent workload is required for administrative supervisory duties.
Classification: College Lecturer
Instructional Duration: Annual - 12 months
What You Will Do
1. Teaches thirty-six (36) credit hours of classes annually: fifteen (15) credit hours each fall and spring and six (6) credit hours during the summer sessions.
2. Conducts classroom observations and evaluates faculty for future employment decisions (reappointments, promotions, sabbaticals, hiring, terminating and part-time contract renewals).
3. Conducts academic assessments for developing or improving new or existing programs and eliminating obsolete programs or courses.
4. Contributes to student success by being actively engaged in strategic planning; the accreditation process, orientation, student advising, commencement, and a variety of committees, clubs, events, college and community liaison initiatives.
5. Related projects and initiatives.
The Successful Candidate Must Have
1. Master’s Degree in the academic discipline; or a Master’s Degree with eighteen (18) graduate credits in the academic discipline; or Master’s Degree in different field with at least five (5) years of related professional experience and/or professional certification and licensure.
2. Two years’ full-time teaching experience in the field or at least six semesters of part time teaching experience at the college level.
3. Experience teaching in diverse environment to include students from diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Even Better If You Have
1. One year of experience working in distance learning or using instructional technology.
2. One year of experience in evaluating teaching effectiveness and conducting classroom observations and evaluations or supervisory experience including the evaluation of subordinates.
3. One year of experience teaching in a community college environment.