Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package.
The Department of Hispanic Studies invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Spanish beginning in Fall 2022.
This position will engage in teaching, research, and service in the Hispanic Studies Department and the Latina/o Studies Program. The Department of Hispanic Studies offers a sound educational experience centered on the study of the language as well as the literary and cultural production of Iberian, Latin American, and U.S. Latinx cultures. We offer majors in Language, Culture & Literature and in Hispanic International Studies, along with a minor in Spanish and an interdisciplinary minor in Latina/o Studies.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Teach undergraduate Spanish courses at all levels, from introductory language to upper-division seminars, as well as courses (typically taught in English) in our interdisciplinary Latina/o Studies program. The standard teaching load is three courses per semester.
- Conduct research in their area of specialization.
- Advise undergraduate students.
- Participate in departmental and university service and governance.
- The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. (A.B.D. will be considered) in Spanish (including Spanish Linguistics), with a specialization in the artistic, cultural, linguistic and/or literary production of Mexico, Central America and/or the U.S.
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and English.
- Demonstrated experience teaching undergraduate Spanish language courses.
Preference will be given to candidates whose research and pedagogy has the potential to collaborate with other departments and programs on campus, and to connect with groups and organizations in the greater Tacoma community to provide experiential learning opportunities to students.
Please submit curriculum vitae (CV) when prompted to submit resume. Additional documents can be attached within the application before submission. Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of application that includes a research statement
- Diversity Statement
- Teaching statement
- Three (3) Letters of Reference. You will be asked to specify the email addresses of reference providers at the time of application and the system will email these providers on the next business day.