Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
A competitive package will be offered to the successful candidate, which will include the following:
Initial three-year contract
Annual return flights to home country
Tuition fees for eligible children
NLCS Dubai is looking for a dynamic, well-qualified and committed Head of Spanish with an outstanding track record of examination success and leadership. The appointee will lead and manage the teaching and learning within the Spanish Department and lead a team of specialist teachers who will deliver lessons throughout the Junior and Senior School, across the three IB programmes of the PYP, MYP and Diploma.
The successful candidate will also ensure that the qualities of the IB Learner Profile and the core academic skills of research and inquiry are embedded within the curriculum. It is essential that the Head of Spanish has the ability to communicate deep knowledge of and passion for the subject.
The appointee will manage all aspects of teaching and learning in the department, in keeping with the overall aims of the School. He / she will also be responsible for supporting members of the department in all appropriate ways, ensuring that they work together as a cohesive and collegiate team in effectively addressing the aims and priorities of the School.
The appointee will ensure that all members of the department offer support to the learning and pastoral needs of individual students, in keeping with the School’s aims and values.
All members of staff are expected to be involved in pastoral care within the School community, usually in the role of form tutor, and to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the School.
- Teaching qualification.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Spanish or Modern European Languages and/or Literature.
- Recent participation in continuing professional development.
- Experience of implementing a range of pedagogical techniques, with a track record of innovation in teaching and learning.
- Proficient and experienced at teaching, ideally with experience of the IB Diploma and/or MYP, with an outstanding track record of examination success.
- Recent experience of managing students from a variety of cultures.
- Experience of developing and enhancing the practice of staff.
- Experienced teaching to sixth form level.
- Experience of developing a broad, balanced and academically ambitious curriculum.
- A good knowledge of curriculum initiatives.
- Talent for leadership by example and inspiration is essential: the successful candidate will have a strong classroom presence and be able to model excellence in the classroom.