Tipo de centro:
Tipo de contrato:
The State of Connecticut and Central Connecticut State University is proud to offer its employees competitive wages and a wide range of fringe benefits including voluntary and supplemental benefits.
Central Connecticut State University invites applications for a full-time, one-year special appointment for a non-tenure track Assistant Professor of Spanish in the Department of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures, beginning academic year 2021-2022.
Candidates are expected to teach Spanish at different levels including Latin American Culture and Literature. The regular teaching assignment is four three-unit courses per semester.
- Ph.D. in Spanish with specialization in Contemporary Latin American Literature.
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish.
- Record of publications and scholarly work.
- Record of successfully teaching language and literature at college level.
- Commitment to serving culturally, ethnically, and linguistically diverse communities.
- Experience teaching Spanish for the professions and/or translation.
- Ability to teach a language in addition to Spanish.
To begin the application process, click on the Apply button and electronically submit the following documents:
- Letter of interest addressing qualifications for the position.
- Current curriculum vitae.
- Names of three professional references including their address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Unofficial Ph.D. transcript
Notice: Interview will be conducted in Spanish. Candidates selected for interview should be prepared to demonstrate their language proficiency.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Emailed and mailed applications will not be accepted. Please redact any personally identifiable information (i.e., Social Security number, date of birth, marital status, country of origin) from any documents submitted. Please ensure your Social Security Number is not listed on any documents submitted.
For more information, contact Dr. Rocío Fuentes, Chairperson of the WLLC Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.